Together We Can Help With Preventative Maintenance
Always change your furnace filters regularly. Dirty filters cause the unit to work harder to push the warm air through the filter, causing your unit to run less than efficiently and possibly break down.
Both the homeowner and a professional can accomplish different aspects of preventative air conditioning maintenance.
Homeowners Can Perform the Following:
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Don't jiggle the thermostat.
- Don't turn the air conditioner on and off.
- Avoid blocking vents with furniture, drapery or plants. (Proper flow of air from the vents will ensure that the heat or cooling coming from the system will get out into all spaces that need it)
- Regularly make sure the condensing unit located outside is not covered up or clogged with leaves or debris. (The unit needs to breathe, to draw air into the system.)
- Have your professional HVAC contractor perform regular equipment inspections.
Professional HVAC Servicing Should Include:
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Making sure all electrical components and controls are working properly
- Checking and cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils
- Oiling motors (if applicable)
- Checking the thermostat for functionality
- Checking filters